Here you will learn how to unarchive Gmail. I have also shared easy steps to archive and unarchive email in Gmail on Android and iPhone. If you don’t want to delete any Email, you can clear the Inbox in your Gmail Account by archiving that specific email. This feature is just like hiding any email you don’t want to see in your inbox but also doesn’t want to delete that. It is like making the specific email visible and invisible in the Inbox of your Gmail.
You are here to learn how to unarchive the emails which you have already archived. So you can easily do that by following the simple steps. You can do it on any computer or android or iPhone. If you don’t know how to archive emails in Gmail, I will also explain that later in this post.
What actually happens to Archived Emails in Gmail
As mentioned above, archiving does not delete Emails from your Gmail. This feature only removes archived Emails from the Inbox and moves them to a dedicated folder within your Gmail Account. You can still easily access all archived Emails. Also, you can unarchive them at any time you want by going to the “All Mails” section of your Gmail Account.
You should also remember that Archived Emails appear in search results when you search for any Email using the search bar in Gmail. Another thing to remember about Archived Emails is that they come back to the Inbox if Archived Emails get any reply.
Now that you know about Archiving Emails, let discuss the steps to Archive and Unarchive Emails in Gmail.
So here are the simple steps to unarchive emails in Gmail.
How to Unarchive Gmail
At any time, you can Unarchive all or special Emails in Gmail by following the steps below.
- First of all, click on the “More” option inside the menu and choose the “All Mail” option.
I have mentioned above that all the archived emails moved from Inbox to another folder. But in the “All Mail” option, all the emails including Archived Emails show. So you can see all your archived emails here.
- Once you are in All Mails, select the emails that you have already archived and now want to unarchive. Now select your archived emails and click on the “Move to Inbox” button.
Now all the selected emails will be Unarchived and moved to the Inbox in your Gmail.
Unarchive Emails in Gmail App on Android or iPhone
- First of all, launch the Gmail App on your Android Phone or iPhone.
- Tap on the 3-line menu option and select “All Mail” in the drop-down menu.
- In the “All Mail” section, select the Emails that you want to Unarchive now.
- Once you have selected your emails, tap on the 3-dots menu and select the “Move to Inbox” option in the drop-down menu.
Now all the selected Emails will be unarchived and moved back to Inbox in your Gmail.
Archive Emails in Gmail
If you don’t know how to archive emails in Gmail then take a look at this. Now let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to archive emails in Gmail.
The fastest way to clear your email inbox in Gmail is to simply delete all the emails from the Inbox.
However, many people cannot use this option because there will always be certain emails that they cannot afford to get rid of. Gmail provides an easy solution to this problem by allowing users to Archive Emails, which basically moves the Emails from “Inbox” to the “All Emails” Folder within Gmail.
Follow the steps given below to Archive selected Emails in your Gmail.
- First of all, Log into your Gmail Account.
- Select the email or emails that you want to archive.
- Once you have selected the emails, click on the Archive icon located in the top menu bar.
- On the pop-up, click OK to confirm that you want to Archive selected Emails from your Gmail.
How to Archive All Emails in Gmail
If you want to Archive all the Emails in the Inbox, you can follow the steps given below to Archive Emails in Bulk.
- Just click on the drop-down icon located next to the refresh button and select the “All” option in the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the “Select All Messages” link that appears below the top menu bar.
- Once you have selected all the emails, click on the Archive icon located in the top menu bar.
- Now click on OK in the pop-up to confirm.
All the selected Emails will be moved from their current location to the All Messages Folder within your Gmail Account.
Archive Emails in Gmail App on Android or iPhone
Follow the steps given below to Archive Emails in Gmail App on Android Phone or iPhone.
- Open the Gmail App on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
- Select the Email or Emails that you want to archive and tap on the Archive icon located in the top menu.
All the selected Emails will be moved from the Inbox to the “All Mail” section.
So it was all the simple steps to archive and unarchive any email from your Gmail account. I have shared the steps for both PC and Smartphones. I hope you liked this. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.
Hi, I am Suraj Bhaskar, founder of this blog. I am a student and part-time blogger. Here I share the latest and tested information about android, the internet, and new tech-related information. You can follow me on different social media sites to get in touch with me. Thank You…